Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bread of the Week: Honey Walnut



I got a new-to-me bread maker last month at a garage sale from a trusted family friend.  I'm so excited to start making homemade bread every week now!  This new plant-based diet is really exciting to me because for the first time in about a decade, I don't feel like I have to be afraid of carbs anymore...as long as I know what's in them and where the ingredients came from!


Last week I made a plain whole-wheat one just get to my feet wet.  It was great warmed with vegan buttery spread, toasted, in a PBJ sandwich, or dipped in my made-from-scratch Kobacha Squash Soup!


This past weekend, I got more adventurous and on the request of my DH, I tried the Whole Wheat Honey Walnut Bread pictured above.  It turned out delicious!!!  It was a little darker in color, and understandably sweeter that my first loaf.  The walnuts were chopped up really small and were barely detectable with each scrumptious bite (texture-wise).


Next week's intended recipe: Oatmeal Bread!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks & sounds delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was AMAZING! I still haven't tried the Oatmeal Bread, but finally found the Gluten I needed for the recipe just last night, so I'm super excited to try it now, hopefully this weekend!

    ReplyDelete