Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 4: Down 7lbs!

I started a juicing diet on Sunday which consists of only raw fruits and veggies...juiced.  I do add some nuts occasionally for protein and vitamin B12, but that's about it.  It's all part of a reboot program based on a documentary I watched last weekend called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  The reboot is just a portion of the diet plan that resets your taste buds and cleanses your digestive system.  After the reboot (which can be 5-10-15-30, even 60 days), you eat a mostly vegan diet, with the option of occasional free-range, grass-fed and wild-caught meat and animal products.

So today I start day 4 of my reboot and I'm down 7lbs!  It's just the motivation I needed to keep me going through this liquid diet.  I'm not nearly as tired or hungry as I thought I would be, and I feel much lighter and leaner already.

This morning's breakfast started with a recipe from the Reboot Website but since I was out of kiwi's, I used plums, and from there just started adding ingredients until it contained the following concoction:


1 package of blueberries
16 strawberries
1 package of mint
2 plums
4-5 handfuls of spinach
1/3 of a canteloupe

It turned out to be a muddy looking juice, but the taste was nice!  Before adding the melon, it had a very strong, tart flavor.  The melon juice really mellowed things out and made it easily drinkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment