Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lovely Morning at the Farmer's Market Today


We went to the Tosa Farmer's Market this morning to stock up on local and organic fresh fruits and vegetables for the new "juicing" diet  that I'm boldy starting this weekend.

I recently watched the documentary, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and was inspired by the health benefits and weight loss experienced by the individuals showcased in the film. In effort to shed a few pounds before my upcoming 30th birthday...and as part of my ongoing quest this summer to adopt a healthier lifestyle.


Part of the new diet, which contains only micronutrient foods, will mean cutting out all caffiene...so DH had to stop today by the coffee brewers at the market and get one last cup! (I cut the good stuff out about two months ago myself).


After loading up on almost $50 worth of produce, we headed out to the stores to buy my birthday present early... a juicer!  We went with the Jack La Lanne's Power Juicer Express from Kohls.  It came with a nice recipe book too!

Stay tuned for future posts detailing the specifics of this new "juicing" reboot diet & lifestyle!



No comments:

Post a Comment